mini-milestones

Achievements from the workshop:
– Successfully configured the Wi-micro Dig to my computer and saw input data from 2 sensors; the GForce-35 and the “Orient-642”
– The Gforce sensor seemed to respond better to vertical displacement – and reacted very well to accelerated movements.
– It was much less reactive with finer movements
– The threshold relates to the sensitivity of the mapping. I.e. the lower the threshold, the more sensitive the sensor feedback in the editor it is.

– I had issues combining the editor response with Processing. I used themidibus library to try to get a reading of the serial ports available in order to see which serial port was being occupied by the digitizer. But this didn’t work out. Finally I used the Processing Serial Library to print out a list of all the serial ports connected to the computer.

– One of the teachers said that the problem might be related to not having a software that recognises the MIDI/ Blueetooth data within Processing. She said to investigate “Carnival” – as another possible plugin that is needed when transferring the sensor data from the iCubeX editor into Processing.

Someone managed to get the sensor data into pd by simply using “noteon” – to call the data , and “notein” to release the data into the patch. He was using the Micro-Dig and the Light sensor.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s